An expert provides 8 great kitchen backsplash ideas. Scroll down to view the kitchen tile backsplash ideas picture (image) inspiration.
For Kitchen Backsplash Tiles
8 Kitchen Backsplash Ideas
By Mike Boysen
A kitchen backsplash is a wall cover that you install to keep the wall dry, make it easy to clean, and add a touch of decor to your kitchen. Putting in one of these is the easiest and quickest way to update your kitchen with a new look and breathe new life into a dull and boring kitchen. With a new backsplash, your kitchen will look like new. All you need are some kitchen backsplash ideas. You have many types to spark your imagination like ceramic tiles, stamped metal, plastic laminate and engineered stone. Tile is the most versatile and most often used.
Kitchen backsplash ideas are only limited by your creativity. You can use several different materials to help you create the look you are striving to achieve.
Here are some kitchen backsplash ideas for you to consider:
1. Tiles. Many homes have tiles on the wall in the kitchen. They make for the perfect backsplash because they are so easy to clean. You can come up with some great kitchen backsplash ideas using tile because you can arrange them in patterns and use various colors. You can create mosaic designs or something totally whimsical. Light colored tiles can brighten your kitchen and make your stove area look larger. Tiled kitchen backsplashes are definitely a good choice for any type of kitchen.
Tiles must be installed properly since they will be exposed to frequent heat and moisture from your stove. Before attempting to install the tiles, make careful measurements so your design will not get out of alignment. When you apply them, use tile adhesive that is also called thinset. This will give your tiles a professional look even when you do it yourself.
2. Laminate. When you use a laminate backsplash, your kitchen backsplash ideas are limitless because you can print any digital design you want onto the laminate in vibrant living colors.
3. Stamped Metal. Stainless steel is expensive and too hard to cut for a backsplash. The next best thing is to use tin ceiling tiles. This will give your kitchen a sleek industrial look. You will need to nail the tiles into place and then remove the protective film. This kitchen backsplash will require regular cleaning with polyurethane to keep it looking new.
4. Blackboard Paint. This is among the more unique kitchen backsplash ideas and more popular among young homeowners and those with children. This turns your backsplash into a blackboard that you can use to scribble notes on or use colored chalk to draw elaborate designs. The good thing about this idea is that it is so easy to install. All you have to do is smooth the wall, apply the blackboard paint and let it dry.
5. Magnetic Backsplash. To use this backsplash idea, all you need is a magnetic dry erase board, and mount it on the wall. It can double as an extra display area when your refrigerator front is full. Leave messages or decorate it with decorative magnets.
6. Faux Stone. If you are seeking kitchen backsplash ideas for a country look, then faux stone could be your answer. Faux stone has the look of real stone but it is soft enough to pin notes on. It stands up to wear and repels insects and moisture. It is also simple to install and easy to keep clean.
7. Textured Wallpaper. This is another easy idea for a kitchen backsplash. All you have to do is trim the wallpaper to the correct size, peel and stick. Once it is in place, cover it with a layer of semi-gloss paint so it will last longer and be easier to clean.
8. Recycled Items. For a truly unique kitchen backsplash, you can create your own from a collection of old plates or metal signs. Just about anything can be arranged for use as a backsplash. Just make sure it is secured with the correct adhesive so it doesn't fall off of the wall.
Selecting your kitchen backsplash can be one of the most fun parts of your kitchen remodeling project. Let your imagination roam free and come up with kitchen backsplash ideas that will make your kitchen one of a kind.
Mike Boysen is the primary chef in his home and has developed a keen interest in anything related to cooking. Read more about kitchen backsplash ideas at http://www.best-kitchen-ideas.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mike_Boysen
Beautiful Mediterranean Green Kitchen Backsplash Tiles
Striking Mediterranean Blue Kitchen Tiles
Moorish Style Tiles for Kitchen Backsplash
Reh Hot Contemporary "Bubble" Tile as Kitchen Backsplash Tiles
Medallion Kitchen Backsplash Tiles Design
Contemporary Stone Mosaic Kitchen Backsplash Tiles
in Three Green-Gray Color Shades
Paired with Granite Counter